This test screens for the presence of Hepatitis C infection, a virus that infects the liver leading to cirrhosis and liver failure.
By far, contaminated needles in Intravenous drug users and blood transfusions are the two most common reasons for disease transmission.
Getting screened and having an early detection will allow the opportunity of getting treated and achieving cure before permanent damage to the liver occurs. In the U.S., 50% of individuals with chronic Hepatitis C infection are unaware.
1. Hepatitis C Antibody screening Test. If positive, confirmation testing using HCV RNA, Quant Real time PCR
is performed at an additional charge.
1. Having Abnormal Liver Function Test, specially elevated ALT level.
2. Current or History of Intravenous drug use.
3. Having previously lived in a country with high levels of Hepatitis C infection.
4. Receiving care in substandard hospitals in developing countries including being exposed to intravenous therapies and or surgical care.
5. Having received blood transfusion prior to 1992.
6. The CDC recommends screening for anyone born In the U.S. between 1945 and 1965 due to a high number of infected individuals being from that age group.
7. Dialysis patients.
8. HIV infected Patients.
9. Incarcerated individuals.
Shedule an appointment and pay online
Bring confirmation number a long with Photo ID to our location
View result online by logging in to your Account