Folate and Vitamin B12 are water-soluble B vitamins that are essential for DNA synthesis and normal production of Red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. Low levels of Folate also called Vitamin B9 lead to anemia , muscle weakness, and numbness & tingling in the extremities. Low Vitamin B12 can cause low hemoglobin, depression, irritability, neurologic deficits causing cognitive changes and motor weakness.
1. Vitamin B 12 level
2. Serum Folate level
1. As part of work up for anemia in individuals with low hemoglobin
2. Individuals with symptoms concerning for Vitamin B12 or Folate deficiency
3. Pregnant women
4. Anyone taking supplementation and wanting to know their levels.
5. Anyone taking the prescription drug Metformin for 5 or more years should have Vitamin B12 checked annually
6. If you have had gastric bypass surgery, abdominal surgery, chronic diarrhea, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, or any chronic illness that affects absorption of food and vitamins, you maybe continuously at risk of Vitamin B12 and Folate deficiency
7. Dialysis patients are continously at risk of depeting their water solube vitamins unless they are taking a multivitamin with folate.
Shedule an appointment and pay online
Bring confirmation number a long with Photo ID to our location
View result online by logging in to your Account